Android Application for eclipses and planetary transits computation
is an application for mobile phones with Android operating system to compute and simulate astronomical events. A tool that allows to know in a simple way the general and local circumstances for solar and lunar eclipses and planetary transits.
Which futur eclipses will be visible from my location? And from the antipodes? How will they be like? How long will they last? And in the past, how many eclipses have there been? All these and many other questions about both, eclipses and planetary transits, are answered with this tool for smarth phones. Now, all the information about these events in your mobile thanks to this Android application.
- Access to data of all solar and lunar eclipses and planetary transits between 1900 and 2100.
- Computation of general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps.
- Computation of the local circumstances of the phenomenon for any place in the world (beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, ...)
- Simulation of the phenomenon from your observational point.
- Choice of observing place from a database, manually or from the GPS coordinates.
To download the application click here
The application is very easy to use. Click here to get a quick start guide
Diptych downloadable (in catalan)